Volunteering at the
Racine Theatre Guild
Join the Guild!
The Racine Theatre Guild is largely staffed by volunteers. Hundreds of people of all ages and skill levels help keep the RTG going strong. There is always a need for new people. If you would like to become involved, it’s easy: fill out our Volunteer/Membership Form which lets us know your area(s) of interest and your availability. Then return the completed form to us via mail or email, and we’ll take it from there. Brief descriptions of volunteer positions can be found here.
Please contact Jill Dickert with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (262) 633-4218.
Volunteers are always welcome, but the Guild encourages you to consider membership. Guild members are volunteers who agree to work 20 hours sometime during the course of the season and pay a $25.00 membership fee. In return members receive:
- Five coupons that can be exchanged for tickets to any RTG plays and musicals, July 2019 through June 2020
- Invitations to all membership parties and events
- Service awards honoring years of continuous membership
- Discounts on theatre trips and selected activities
- Eligibility to vote for representatives to the board of directors, or serve as one
- The opportunity to spend quality time with good people and acquire new skills (Members are expected to volunteer a minimum of 20 hours over the season)
To join us, just download and fill out our Membership Form, and turn it in to the box office with your $25 membership fee. We will be in touch with you to discuss your interests.
Already a volunteer/member?
Join the RTG Volunteers & Members group page to stay up-to-date on volunteer requests, upcoming events and auditions, documents, and other announcements related to RTG.
SEASON CHAIR POSITIONS
A volunteer who has worked several seasons in a particular area or has comparable experience is eligible to serve as season chair. These positions generally involve overseeing other volunteers to make sure things run smoothly from one production to the next all season long. Here are the areas with chair positions:
- AUDITIONS – Attend all auditions to hand out and gather information cards.
- BARTENDERS – Recruit and schedule bartenders for special events, rentals, Jean’s Jazz Series, First Fridays and Comedy Tonight.
- BOX OFFICE – Staff the box office with volunteers and train them.
- CALLBOARD – Write and edit the newsletter.
- HEAD USHER – Staff, train and supervise usher crews.
- HISTORIAN – Collect and file/store records, minutes, programs, photos and archival material.
- HOUSE MANAGER – Train and schedule house managers for all shows.
- LIGHTING – Inventory and maintain lighting equipment; train technicians.
- MAKEUP – Inventory, order and stock makeup supplies.
- MEMBERSHIP – Recruit and retain members, which includes activity planning.
- PACKY MEALS – Plan, prepare, serve and clean up after meals for cast and crew between shows on Racine Children’s Theatre weekends (four per season).
- PLAY READING – Help choose committee members and plays to be considered, then set up meetings, compile evaluations of plays that have been read, and guide the committee in selecting the slate for the next season.
- PRODUCTION MEALS – Prepare, serve and clean up after meals for cast and crew between play performances with minimal turn-around time.
- PROPS – Organize and inventory props; oversee strike of each show.
- SOUND – Maintain all sound equipment; train technicians.
- RTG WARDROBE RENTAL – Coordinate wardrobe rental requests.
- WARDROBE – Maintain wardrobe storage; oversee strike of each show.