Racine Theatre Guild COVID-19 Updates
Welcome back to live theatre at the Racine Theatre Guild! While we could reflect on the mountains and valleys of challenges the past year and a half has presented on our journey to reopening, we are excited to look to the future. The timeline and line-up of our 84th season may look different than usual, but it is still filled with all the musical, mystery, and mayhem you’ve come to love about RTG. In a year that is a little unconventional, we thank you for being flexible as we work to start the season off on a strong foundation as season tickets will be available starting Monday, October 4 with individual tickets going on sale at a later date.
- A Christmas Story: December 3 – 19, 2021
- Nunsense: January 7 – 23, 2022
- Guys on Ice: February 11 – 27, 2022
- Clue: On Stage: March 18 – April 3, 2022
- Akeelah and the Bee: April 22 – 24, 2022
- Mamma Mia!: May 20 – June 12, 2022
- You can learn more about our upcoming season by visiting http://www.racinetheatre.org/subscribe/
Throughout the pandemic, the Board of Directors created a COVID-19 Taskforce to assist in developing safety protocols and regulations. Much discussion and research has gone into shaping these policies that follow the CDC and City of Racine Health Department’s recommendations, along with Racine Unified School District practices. While the new RTG rules and recommendations are lengthy and detailed, as we approach our official opening, there are a few general protocols and requirements that you need to be aware of immediately.
To help ensure the health of our patrons, as well as the safety of our volunteers and staff, the Theatre Guild has implemented the following policies:
- The Theatre Guild will require that all actors and production crews be fully vaccinated. As a result, this means that all children’s roles will be open to kids 12 and above who are vaccinated until a time the vaccine becomes available for those 10 and older.
- Under the current City of Racine mask mandate, masks will be required to be worn by all patrons, visitors and volunteers regardless of vaccination status, unless actively performing on stage. While front of house volunteers and patrons do not have to be vaccinated, they will be required to wear a mask.
The Racine Theatre Guild has always felt that the health and safety of its volunteers and patrons is our highest priority. The board and staff will do whatever we can to keep our theatre family safe in these uncertain times. As part of the greater Racine community the Guild needs to do its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
All restrictions are subject to review and change by the COVID-19 Taskforce, based on recommendations by the CDC and the Racine Health Department.
Racine Theatre Guild Box Office is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12 – 4 p.m. Please keep the following in mind during your visit:
- Following the City of Racine’s mask mandate, patrons, volunteers, production teams, and staff must wear a mask when visiting RTG and for in-person performances, plus abide by assigned socially distanced seating
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home and visit us at another time
- We will be disinfecting high-touch surfaces frequently and have hand sanitizer available for use
- Additional guidelines may be added or removed as the situation evolves.
- All theatre class students and staff are required to wear a mask during courses and productions.
How can I help support RTG?
- Make a contribution to the Racine Theatre Guild
- Visit our Donation page or mail gifts to Racine Theatre Guild, 2519 Northwestern Ave., Racine, WI 53404!
- Follow Racine Theatre Guild on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- Comment, share, and tell your stories to spread the word about RTG!
- Check out our There’s No Place Like Home page for more at-home content!
Who can I contact with questions?
The Racine Theatre Guild Box Office is currently open Tuesday and Thursday, 12 – 4 p.m. Visit us in person or call (262) 633-4218 with any questions or for more information.