Racine Theatre Guild COVID-19 Updates
Racine Theatre Guild Box Office will be reopening to the public on Monday, August 3. Hours will be Monday – Thursday, 12 – 4 p.m. Please keep the following in mind during your visit:
- Per the City of Racine’s ordinance, masks are required when entering our building
- If you or one of your family members symptoms associated with COVID-19, please visit at a later time
- Maintain a safe distance of six feet with patrons and Box Office staff
- We will be are disinfecting high-touch surfaces frequently and have hand sanitizer available for use
You know that the Racine Theatre Guild’s motto is to “light up lives at all stages.” With nearly 160 individual performances on our stage each season and 82 years of creating theatre in Racine, we have realized that moving forward this year our light will be shining differently. As we have discussed the steps needed to reopen, you – our volunteers, audience members, and supporters – have been at the center of that discussion.
“The bottom line is that the health and safety of our patrons and volunteers will always come first,” Douglas Instenes, managing and artistic director shared. “The uncertainty of rehearsing and performing, even at a limited capacity, has led the Board of Directors to make a difficult decision.”
Therefore, all performances and activities for our upcoming 2020/2021 season have been postponed until January 2021. This includes all mainstage, Racine Children’s Theatre, Jean’s Jazz, Comedy Tonight, Signature Spotlight, and in-person classes held at RTG. With this shift, we have had to restructure our performance line-up, but will continue to monitor circumstances and add in additional programming if possible.
We are committed to bringing you the live theatre experience you’ve come to love at RTG. Our revised schedule for our 2020/2021 Season: Act 2 will include:
- Clue: On Stage – January 15 – 31, 2021
- Always a Bridesmaid –February 26 – March 14, 2021
- Akeelah and the Bee – April 9 – 25, 2021
- Mamma Mia! – May 14 – June 6, 2021
Performances that had been postponed, but are now canceled are:
- Jean’s Jazz: Donna Woodall Trio & Ivy Ford Band – originally scheduled for March 21, 2020
- Jean’s Jazz: Eric Jacobsen Quintet – originally scheduled for April 11, 2020
- Signature Spotlight: The Golden Age of Broadway – originally scheduled for April 18, 2020
While we hope to open at full capacity in January 2021, we will be making changes to keep you safe during your visit with facility changes and enhancing cleaning procedures before and after every performance.
Our Box Office staff will be working to contact and reseat current ticket holders over the next few weeks. Some important things to note:
- Already Renewed
- If you have already renewed your subscription for the 2020/2021 season, you will be reseated and mailed information regarding your remaining balance
- Need to Renew
- If you have not renewed your subscription for the 2020/2021 season, you will still be able to renew with a new form that will arrive in the mail
- Mamma Mia! Ticket Holders
- If you have tickets for Mamma Mia, you will be reseated in the same seats on the new corresponding date and will receive tickets in the mail
- Akeelah and the Bee Ticket Holders
- If you purchased Akeelah tickets as part of your season subscription, they will be canceled and you will be called regarding a refund or donation of those tickets. The 2020/2021 show will now be a part of your new season subscription. If you are an individual ticket holder, you will be reseated on the new corresponding dates and will receive tickets in the mail.
- Canceled Performances
- If you had tickets to any of the canceled performances, you will be called regarding a refund or donation for your tickets
- Flex Passes & Gift Certificates
- If you have flex passes remaining from the 2019/2020 season, they will be valid for all of our 2020/2021 performances. Gift certificates with expiration dates between March 15, 2020 and June 30, 2021 will have an additional year added onto their end use date.
We truly appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process. The Box Office will be available to answer any questions or concerns at (262) 633-4218. We will be reopening the lobby later this summer for your convince and will announce days and hours soon.
The powerful thing about theatre is the shared experience of the actors, crew, and audience during a performance. We gather together from all walks of life and create a bond through each show. We make friends, create memories, explore other worlds, learn something new, laugh, cry, and cheer each other on. Our time apart as made us appreciate each other and these moments even more.
The joy of theatre and the love of the arts will only grow stronger until we can open our doors and come together again. As a patron shared recently, “the arts will return with a vengeance!”
In the meantime, we will continue to remain connected in our time apart. Visit our “There’s No Place Like Home” page for activities for kids and adults, cast, crew, and director interviews and other pieces of RTG behind-the-scenes information.
I renewed my season tickets for a full season. Can I get a refund?
Yes, our box office will be contacting you regarding the option to refund or donate the remaining balance of your original renewal and the new season line-up. You will be reseated in the same seats on corresponding dates.
I have not renewed my season tickets yet. Can I still do that with the new season line-up?
Yes, a new renewal form will be mailed to you. You will have until August 7, 2020 to renew your current seats.
I had "Mamma Mia!" tickets for 2019/2020. Will they be switched to 2020/2021?
Yes, you will be reseated in the same seats on the new corresponding date and will receive tickets in the mail.
I had "Akeelah and the Bee" tickets for 2019/2020. Will they be switched to 2020/2021?
If you purchased Akeelah tickets as part of your season subscription, they will be canceled and you will be called regarding a refund or donation of those tickets. The 2020/2021 show will now be a part of your new season subscription. If you are an individual ticket holder, you will be reseated on the new corresponding dates and will receive tickets in the mail.
I had tickets to a postponed performance that has now been canceled. Will I get a refund?
Yes, if you had tickets to any of the canceled performances, you will be called regarding a refund or donation for your tickets.
Will I still be able to use my 2019/2020 flex passes for next season?
Our 2019/2020 Season Flex Passes list June 30, 2020 as their expiration date. However, they will be valid for all of our 2020/2021 Season: Act 2 mainstage performances.
I have a gift certificate that expires soon. How will I be able to use it?
Any gift certificates with expiration dates between March 15, 2020 and June 30, 2021 will have an additional year added onto their end use date.
When will individual tickets be available to purchase for the new season line-up?
Individual tickets to performances will be available to purchase October 16, 2020.
What will your guidelines be for COVID-19 safety?
We are continually monitoring follow regulations and recommendations from governmental agencies and industry standards. We are already underway in redesigning our bathrooms with motion sensored soap dispensers, faucets, and paper towel dispensers. We are developing safety protocols that will be announced closer to our reopening.
How can I help support RTG?
As a nonprofit, community theatre, over 65% of our funding comes from ticket sales. Due to the generosity of our donors, a successful season thus far, and the talents of our volunteers, we have proactively discussed ways to handle our temporary closure. However, there are several ways you can help support our ability to continue “lighting up lives at all stage”:
- Purchase a gift certificate to use for any Racine Theatre Guild program or event
- Visit our Gift Certificate page to learn more and call (262) 633-4218 to order yours!
- Make a contribution to the Racine Theatre Guild
- Visit our Donation page or mail gifts to Racine Theatre Guild, 2519 Northwestern Ave., Racine, WI 53404!
- Follow Racine Theatre Guild on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- Comment, share, and tell your stories to spread the word about RTG!
Who can I contact with questions?
Although the Racine Theatre Guild is temporarily closed, email, mail, and phone calls will be answered throughout the week. Call (262) 633-4218 with any questions or for more information.