Racine Theatre Guild COVID-19 Updates
- Jean’s Jazz: Donna Woodall Trio & Ivy Ford Band – originally scheduled for March 21
- Akeelah and the Bee – originally scheduled for March 27 – April 5
- Jean’s Jazz: Eric Jacobsen Quintet – originally scheduled for April 11
- Signature Spotlight: The Golden Age of Broadway – originally scheduled for April 18
- Mamma Mia! – originally scheduled for May 8 – 24
- Yes, our box office will be contacting you regarding your refund for Bye Bye Birdie. You also have the option of donating the cost of your tickets back to the Racine Theatre Guild.
- Due to the shifting timeline of when we may be allowed to reopen, our season ticket renewal deadline has
been extended until June 30. Individual tickets for next year’s season will go on sale August 1.
- We are following recommendations and orders from local, state, and national government officials. Once we have more information on when we can reopen and gather, we will begin the process of setting rescheduled dates.
- Our 82nd Season Flex Passes list June 30, 2020 as their expiration date. However, with the postponed performances, your flex passes will still be valid for both Akeelah and the Bee and Mamma Mia! when they are rescheduled even if it is after the expiration date.
- Although the Racine Theatre Guild is temporarily closed, email, mail, and phone calls will be answered throughout the week. Call (262) 633-4218 with any questions or for more information.
Racine Theatre Guild Postpones 2019 – 2020 Performances and Activities
The Racine Theatre Guild Board of Directors met last night to discuss the future of upcoming activities and events due to COVID-19. With rapidly changing updates and news, these decisions are based on current recommendations. All 2019 – 2020 events and activities are postponed and updated performance dates will be announced as soon as possible. We will continue to monitor the situation for more developments and plans may be adjusted over time.
- Theatre Classes – All theatre classes are canceled for the remainder of the semester
- Jean’s Jazz: Donna Woodall Trio & Ivy Ford Band – scheduled for March 21 will be postponed until a later date
- Akeelah and the Bee – scheduled for March 27 – April 5 will be postponed until a later date
- Jean’s Jazz: Eric Jacobsen Quintet – scheduled for April 11 will be postponed until a later date
- Signature Spotlight: The Golden Age of Broadway – scheduled for April 18 will be postponed until a later date
- Mamma Mia! – scheduled for May 8 – 24 will be postponed until a later date
- Box Office Hours – the Racine Theatre Guild will be closed to the public until further notice. Email, mail, and phone calls will be answered throughout the week.
If you currently have tickets for these productions, please hold on to them. When new performance dates are set, we will contact ticketholders to begin the process of exchanging tickets into corresponding dates and seats.
The Racine Theatre Guild is planning to reschedule all postponed performances. However, if you would like a refund or to donate your tickets back for any of these shows, please contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218. Families enrolled in classes can be contact the Box Office directly regarding donations or refunds.
As a nonprofit, community theatre, we appreciate how much you are all a part of our family. How the theatre has become your home away from home. The absence of that comraderie will be felt by us all and we thank you for your continued support while we wait to open our theatre to you once again.
We extend our gratitude to the volunteers who have given their time and talents to these productions through set construction, costume building, and rehearsals. We are incredibly proud of your work and cannot wait to welcome you back for your moment to shine.
Although the lights of our theatre will be dim, we hope to continue spreading the power of theatre, community, and positivity. Stay-tuned to our social media channels, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, for stories and moments capturing the spirit of the Racine Theatre Guild.
In the meantime, be safe, stay healthy, and know that we will be anxiously waiting to “light up lives at all stages” once again.