The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for The Wizard of Oz on Saturday, September 14 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday, September 15 from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. at the Racine Theatre Guild.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Dorothy Gale is tired of her unexciting life in Kansas and dreams of a world full of new adventures. When a twister sweeps her away over the rainbow to the magical land of Oz, she begins a journey down the Yellow Brick Road to get back home. Along the way, she meets good and bad witches, animals that talk, and scarecrows that walk. With a new group of friends, ruby slippers, and her brains, heart, and courage in tow, Dorothy discovers an important lesson: there’s no place like home!
ROLES (open to men, women, and children ages 10+)
- Dorothy Gale: A young and sprightly girl, Dorothy is energetic and delights in her dog Toto. Very likable, a strong willed young lady who is also very caring.
- The Scarecrow/Hunk: Sympathetic, with a softness and deep kindness at heart. Lovable and clumsy. Despite his perceived lack of brains, he is exceedingly intelligent and resourceful.
- Tin-Man/Hickory: Charming and thoughtful, a kind-hearted romantic. Despite his belief that he lacks emotion, he proves himself a most tender and emotional companion.
- Cowardly Lion/Zeke: Sarcastic with excellent comedic timing. He claims to be a coward, but he proves himself courageous in many situations throughout the journey.
- Glinda, The Good Witch: A kindhearted spirit. “Beautiful, Benevolent and Beloved.” She is exceptionally friendly and a mother figure, portraying a stance and presence of royalty.
- Aunt Em (May be combined with Glinda): Strong, prairie-woman who is used to farm life. She loves her niece, but also doesn’t take any grief.
- Miss Gultch/Wicked Witch of the West: Strong, scary and evil. Vengeful and hungry for power. She has no nice qualities and is evil through and through.
- Professor Marvel/Wizard of Oz: Is he a kind old man or is he a little devious? Older father figure with a theatrical eccentric flair.
- Uncle Henry: Good hearted, and plain-speaking. A hardworking farmer, and affectionate family-man.
- Ensemble: Munchkins; Monkeys; Citizens of Oz; Winkies; Jitterbugs
Director Douglas Instenes will hold auditions at the Racine Theatre Guild. Those interested in auditioning must sign-up for an hour time slot by calling (262) 633-4218. Bring sheet music and sing a prepared song for the audition. An accompanist will be provided and tape recordings or unaccompanied singing are not permitted. Then, those auditioning will be shown choreography and perform a dance audition.
Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office with a $10.00 deposit, which will be refunded when the script is returned. The show will go into rehearsal in October and performs weekend with a few daytime performances for school groups December 13 – 22. Daytime performance dates are December 10, 11, 17, 18, and 19. For further information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218 or email email@example.com.
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!