The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for The Mousetrap on Monday, August 26 and Tuesday, August 27 at 7 p.m. at the Racine Theatre Guild.
ABOUT THE SHOW
A heavy snow has fallen upon Monkswell Manor, trapping a group of strangers inside, one of whom is a murderer. Could it be the married couple, the curious spinster, the architect, the retired Army major, the jurist, or the traveler? A policeman arrives, but before he can solve “whodunnit,” one of the guests is killed. Experience shuddering suspense and a brilliantly intricate plot where murder lurks around every corner.
ROLES FOR: (ages 20 and up)
- Mollie Ralston: Recently married to Giles. Together they have started a guesthouse. She is determined to take the very best care of her guests, she is obviously in over her head
- Mrs. Boyle: A critical older woman who is pleased by nothing she observes. She is never happy about anything and has no problem making that perfectly clear
- Miss Casewell: A strange, aloof, woman who speaks off-handedly about the horrific experiences of her childhood
- Giles Ralston: Married to Mollie. Though he is excited about their new business venture, he does realize they are amateurs in the hotel business
- Christopher Wren: A wild-looking, hyperactive, neurotic young man with an appreciation for fine furniture
- Major Metcalf: Retired from the army, little is known about Major Metcalf. He is a nice gentleman who in many ways keeps to himself
- Mr. Paravicini: He appears to be foreign and artificially aged with make-up, or is he? A strange man who enjoys being the center of attention and playing jokes on others for his amusement
- Detective Sergeant Trotter: A policeman who arrives in a snow storm, saying he has come to protect the guests from the murderer. He is meticulous as well as courteous in his investigation
**All actors will work on a British accent as part of the process
Director Michael Clickner will hold auditions in the Racine Theatre Guild lobby. No appointments necessary. Auditions consist of a cold reading from the script. Individuals of all levels of experience are invited to audition.
Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office with a $10 deposit, which will be refunded when the script is returned. The show will go into rehearsal in September and will be performed weekends October 18 – November 3.
For more information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!