The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for On Golden Pond on Monday, November 4 and Tuesday, November 5 at 7 p.m. at the Racine Theatre Guild.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Ethel and Norman Thayer have spent every summer over the last 48 years at their lake home on Golden Pond. This year is blanketed in melancholy from Norman’s failing memory and health until their daughter comes to visit. She brings her new fiancé’s son, Billy Ray Jr., to live with them. He and Norman form an unexpected bond in this beloved theatre classic that is touching, funny, and warmly perceptive.
- Ethel Thayer (60s – 80s): A spirited, intelligent, life-loving, nurturing soul and soulmate to Norman, unfazed by his barbs, saddened to watch him decline but determined that to enjoy to the fullest the time they have left together.
- Chelsea Thayer Wayne (30s – 50s): A bright, capable, divorced woman, still hurting from her regret of not having lived up to Norman’s expectations. She is newly engaged to Bill and a bit trepidatious about step mothering Billy Ray.
- Norman Thayer, Jr. (60s – 80s): A retired professor, who describes himself as “older than dirt.” He uses his sharp, disarming wit to mask his fears and frustrations arising out of his failing health and fading memory; loving and vulnerable with Ethel.
- Charlie Martin (30s – 50s): The local mailman and childhood friend of Chelsea who has always had a crush on her. His laugh is contagious albeit used a little too often. Ability to do a Maine accent is a plus.
- Bill Ray (30s – 50s): Chelsea’s new fiancé. A successful Los Angeles dentist who is initially unnerved by Norman, but ultimately gains his respect by standing his ground.
- Billy Ray (teens; aged 13 in play): Bill’s smart-mouthed son who, underneath a cool, tough front is really in need and responds enthusiastically to the love and attention he receives from Ethel and Norman.
Director Nathan Stamper will hold auditions in the Racine Theatre Guild lobby. No appointments necessary. Auditions consist of a cold reading from the script. Individuals of all levels of experience are invited to audition.
Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office with a $10 deposit, which will be refunded when the script is returned. The show will go into rehearsal in November and will be performed weekends January 10 – 26, 2020.
For more information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218 or email@example.com.
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!