The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for Mamma Mia! on Saturday, February 29 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday, March 1 from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. at Holy Communion Lutheran Church, 2000 W 6th St, Racine.
ABOUT THE SHOW
On a Greek island paradise, Sophie is getting ready to marry her fiancé, Sky. To make her wedding day perfect, Sophie only has one wish – that her father walks her down the aisle. The only problem? She doesn’t know who he is! After discovering secrets from her mother’s past, Sophie invites three men who could all be her father to the wedding. Intertwined with ABBA’s timeless songs, the hit musical is a celebration of love, laughter, family, and friendship.
- Sophie Sheridan (18 – 30s) Born and raised on the island. Determined to find the romance and happiness she feels eluded her mother. Has an adventurous spirit.
- Donna Sheridan (mid30s – 50s) Sophie’s mother. Free-spirited former lead singer of “Donna and the Dynamos”. Owner of the hotel Villa Donna on the island.
- Tanya (mid30s – 50s) A former singer in the “Dynamos.” Rich, sophisticated, funny, and witty.
- Rosie (mid30s – 50s) Also a former singer in the “Dynamos.” She’s confident, kooky, and fun.
- Lisa (18 – 30s) Sophie’s friend who arrives to be a bridesmaid. Very energetic.
- Ali (18 – 30s) Sophie’s friend who arrives to be a bridesmaid. Impulsive and fun.
- Sam Carmichael (mid30s – 50s) Might be Sophie’s father. Left Donna 20 years ago because he was engaged to another woman. Charming, successful architect.
- Bill Austin (mid30s – 50s) Might be Sophie’s father. A travel writer with no possessions or strings. Funny, good-natured, always ready for adventure.
- Harry Bright (mid30s – 50s) Might be Sophie’s father. British financier, wealthy, buttoned-up, but trying to reconnect with his freer, youthful self. Must do an English accent.
- Sky (18 – 30s) Sophie’s fiancé. Athletic, attractive. Was traveling to “find himself” when he met and fell in love with Sophie. Helps Donna with her hotel.
- Pepper (18 – 30s) Barman at tavern. Charming, loves women, always flirting. Strong dancer.
- Eddie (18 – 30s) Helps Sky with Water-Sports. Laid-back, easygoing.
Men and Women (Ages 16+) Islanders, Hotel Workers, Wedding Guests
Those interested in auditioning MUST sign-up for an hour time slot by calling (262) 633-4218 or emailing email@example.com. Bring sheet music and sing a prepared song for the audition. An accompanist will be provided and tape recordings or unaccompanied singing are not permitted. Then, they will be shown choreography and perform a dance audition.
Individuals ages 16+ of all ethnicities and levels of experience are encouraged to audition. Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office. The show will go into rehearsal in March and performs weekends May 8 – 24.
For further information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!