The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for Drop Dead!
on Monday, August 8 and Tuesday, August 9 at 7 p.m.
ABOUT THE SHOW
A murderer may be on the loose, but the show must go on! A rag-tag cast of actors are desperately trying to revive their careers in a new murder mystery play, “Drop Dead!.” However, the set falls apart, props break, lines are forgotten, and their fellow theatre creators keep ending up dead. From rehearsal to opening night, the murders continue and mayhem ensues as the remaining actors try to save the show, solve the mystery, and stay alive for curtain call.
ROLES AVAILABLE FOR
- Candy Apples (20s – 30s): plays Penelope, girlfriend to the heir in the production; the producer’s girlfriend. Lovely, but clueless, first-time actress
- Mona Monet (40s – 50s): playing Bette, aspiring heir to the Barrington Estate; over-the-hill diva, former TV star.
- Constance Crawford (50s and above): plays Lady Barrington; legendary stage star of the 1950s. She is always in her own world.
- Chaz Looney (20s – 30s): plays Drools the Butler with a bad English and then bad French accent; first-time actor looking for is big break.
- Brent Reynolds (30s – 40s): playing Alexander Barrington; a method actor
- Dick Scorsese (30s): plays British Inspector Mounds; first time actor TV repairman; Martin Scorsese’s cousin
- Victor Le Pewe (40s): the washed-up director looking for one more hit
- P.G. “Piggy” Banks (40s – 60s): the slimy producer; preferably physically large
- Philip (20s – 30s): stage manager, all too devoted to the director
- Alabama Miller (30s – 50s): the struggling playwright
Both actors and crew members will be required to be fully vaccinated to volunteer on productions. Actors will be asked to show proof of vaccination at auditions. Masks will be required to be worn when attending auditions and may only be removed while actively auditioning. Rehearsal protocols will be discussed at auditions.
Director Shawn Britten will hold auditions at the Racine Theatre Guild. No appointments necessary and you need to only attend one of the days of auditions. Auditions consist of a cold reading from the script. Individuals of all levels of experience are invited to audition.
Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office with a $10 deposit, which will be refunded when the script is returned. The show will go into rehearsal in early September and will be performed weekends October 28 – November 13, 2022.
For further information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details subject to change
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!