The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for 9 to 5 The Musical on Saturday, February 23 from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday, February 24 from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. at the Racine Theatre Guild.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Fed up with having to work for a “sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical, bigot,” three female office workers bond over their shared disgust and concoct a plan for revenge. After they accidentally kidnap their boss, they decide to makeover their office into a place where all of their coworkers can thrive. Based on the hilarious, hit movie and filled with unforgettable, original music by Dolly Parton, this musical shines a light on the power of friendship and will have your toes tapping!
- Violet (40s to 50s): The company’s Head Secretary and Mr. Hart’s Administrative Assistant, she is a single mother and typically stands up for what she believes in. She runs the office from her desk while her boss takes the credit. Witty, strong, ambitious.
- Doralee (20s to 30s): A young, sexy spitfire who works at Mr. Hart’s office. She is proof that there is more to a woman than just her looks. Country gal, sharp, no-nonsense.
- Judy (30s to 40s): The “new” girl at the firm and her first time in the working world, she has been burned by her husband’s affair and is searching for personal empowerment. Insecure, determined, and hopeful.
- Roz Keith (30s to 50s): The office gossip queen and snitch. She has an unrequited love for Mr. Hart and will do anything she can to win his approval, even undermine the rest of the office.
- Missy (30s to 50s): Franklin Hart’s wife, clueless to her husband’s true nature.
- Maria (20s to 30s): A young and vibrant secretary in Hart’s office.
- Kathy (30s to 50s): A secretary in Hart’s office with a tendency to gossip.
- Margaret (30s to 50s): A secretary in Hart’s office with a tendency to drink.
- Franklin Hart (40s to 50s): A pompous jerk of a boss. One of the firm’s executives and a notorious chauvinist. He is capable of faking charm but usually shows his true colors as an arrogant, smarmy boss.
- Joe (20s to 40s): A handsome, charming, young office accountant. Genuine and nice, and smitten with Violet.
- Dwayne (20s to 30s): Doralee’s husband. He is very supportive of her professional pursuits.
- Josh (15 to 18): Violet’s awkward teenage son.
- Dick (40s to 50s): Judy’s soon-to-be ex-husband. An average guy, he is sporting a little less hair and a little more paunch than he did ten years ago.
- Bob Enright (20s to 40s): Franklin Hart’s Yes-Man. Trained by Violet and promoted over her.
- Tinsworthy (50s to 60s): Franklin Hart’s boss and Chariman of the Board. A good man, who may be wiser to Hart’s ways than he lets on.
Ensemble: men and women ages 15+
Those interested in auditioning MUST sign-up for an hour time slot by calling (262) 633-4218. Bring sheet music and sing a prepared song for the audition. An accompanist will be provided and tape recordings or unaccompanied singing are not permitted. Then, they will be shown choreography and perform a dance audition.
Individuals of all ethnicities and levels of experience are encouraged to audition. Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office with a $10.00 deposit, which will be refunded when the script is returned. The show will go into rehearsal in March and performs weekends May 10 – 26.
For further information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218 or email email@example.com.
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!